These herringbone seats are definitely on the narrow side, and lack storage. That read as follows: I find Virgin Atlantic’s menu design to be thoughtful. What did your insurance company say when you claimed off the ? @Frederik @Lucky The wording of that sentence is odd. @Lucky not to turn this into a grammar blog, but to Frederick’s comment, the more efficient sentence would’ve been “Virgin Atlantic even offers hot breakfast…” – the “does” is unnecessary 😉. That wasn’t an issue, but just something that stood out to me. You said a few weeks ago formatting the pics took a long time so you could have saved some time by not including 2 of them! Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Virgin Atlantic 787-9 Upper Class Bar One of the onboard amenities that is a staple of every Virgin Atlantic Upper Class cabin is a bar. They should have a full menu with dining in the club and no on-board dinner for any flight leaving after 9 p.m. That’s crazy there was all that food for a flight of under 6 hours. However, as the flight went on and rapport built up, I ended up having a great time and feeling positive about the service. As we pulled round the roundabout at the top of the driveway, the wonderf… The Balik salmon starter came with a celeriac-and-pea salad and was really tasty, and was served with a selection of bread. Virgin Atlantic Upper Class seat entertainment controller. It was the making of a pleasant flight. Then there are 21 seats facing the right aisle — this includes 10 seats in the center section, and 11 seats on the very right of the plane. It’s actually one of the best MSW episodes. About an hour before landing I was brought my breakfast, based on the card that I had filled out before departure. Virgin Atlantic business class dinner service — dessert. I made my way to the Virgin Clubhouse. The Upper Class cabin looks super swanky in the dark, but much less so during the day. For what it’s worth, the 47,500 miles price was for a “standard” season ticket, while a “peak” ticket would have cost 57,500 miles. Help us fund therapy sessions for black women and girls, What You Need to Know About Airline Partnerships & Alliances, The Latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates & Policies, The news, resources, & information you need. My only reservations is that I find SWISS to have better food and larger restroom. To the side of the seat was a small tray that could be folded down, where there was a bottle of water. As these drinks were served, the crew also popped down the cute Wilbur and Orville salt and pepper shakers. Complimentary 15-minute treatments were available: a hand-and-nail treatment, facial, hair tidy-up, or scalp-and-neck massage. All in all, this is a solid product to cross the Atlantic. Enrollment required. The theft was discovered before we landed and the theft reported to the main stewards. I ordered the pan-seared cod with cauliflower mash, which was delicious. Virgin Atlantic 42 San Francisco (SFO) – London (LHR) Sunday, August 21 Depart: 9:10PM Arrive: 3:50PM Duration: 10hr 40min Aircraft: Boeing 787-900 Seat: 4A (Upper Class) I had read many reviews on the older A340 plan that Virgin Atlantic has been flying for years and read the reports on how the seats are quite outdated and cramped. I also checked out the nearby bathrooms, which looked good and were large and stocked with Cowshed products. While the original seats don’t exactly feel cutting edge anymore, I do like how open and airy the 787 cabin feels - especially when Upper Class is lightly loaded. Learn More. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Seat 6A looked like a better choice for window positioning, whilst still away from the galleys and toilets at either end of the cabin. Today (December 30, 2020): Review of Virgin Atlantic A350’s (new) Upper Class from London to New York. I’m not sure how you could’ve proved you had that much money with you. Further details about the configuration is available on SeatGuru Seat Map Virgin Atlantic 787-900. Apparently no Virgin aircraft had been delivered their menus that day. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. However, the insane brownie with squeeze tube of salted caramel made up for any faults. These seats provided the most privacy and were best for single travelers, whereas the G and K seats faced in toward each other. It’s not like their fares are discounted for the bad seats or anything. Upon the conclusion of my meal I was asked if I wanted turndown service. However, for booking last minute they would have charged an unconscionable 160,000 SkyMiles (which is outrageous when there’s saver award space). When I told them I hadn’t, they walked me in and gave me a short tour. These seats tend to be booked the fastest, since the seats on the left have an aisle all to themselves. Best Virgin Atlantic Upper Class seats on an Airbus A330-300 and a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. Just as in Qantas' Airbus A380 first c… I am pretty sure that the ‘bacon butty’ shown on the Breakfast Menu will be hot Lucky. I also checked out the airshow for our flight to London. While not super premium, I like it a lot. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page. It was difficult — and required clearing the whole tray table — to push the screen out midmeal. Yes some people prefer a softer sleeping surface but you can’t please everyone – they went with the needs of the majority. One Mile at a Time is owned by PointsPros, Inc. Duration: 6hr40min Whether you're with us for business or pleasure, travelling in Virgin Atlantic Upper Class makes your journey something to look forward to. They lack any substantial storage space at the seat and can be quite hard when in bed mode. “Mood lighting” doesn’t fix this major Business Class flaw. I know the A side is best but surely given the choice between 11A and 5K, row 5 has to be the winner? It is listed as the Virgin Atlantic business class cabin and so lies somewhere between British Airways Club World and First Class (just as a comparison). RE: Fast track cards when landing in London, Stansted Airport has introduced a fast track lane to the E-Gates, I’m guessing this is to allow the Emirates 1st and Business passengers to jump the queue if they land around the same time as 10 full Ryanair planes. Personally I transferred points from Amex to Virgin Atlantic when there was a 30% transfer bonus, so really the ticket only cost me 37,000 Amex points plus the taxes and surcharges. Virgin Atlantic business class dinner service — appetizer. After a nice evening in the Clubhouse, I headed to gate E8 at around 8:45PM, just over an hour before departure. One of the most beautiful. Watch our HD video via YouTube below. After a merry couple of hours eating, drinking and, erm, getting my hair trimmed, I wandered down to the gate. @ Frederik — To be clear, I was saying that they *do* offer hot breakfast, unlike some other airlines. The tomato soup, chicken drumsticks and cauliflower mac and cheese were all good, but the butter chicken with naan, poppadoms and chutney was exceptionally tasty. The Points Guy will not sell your email. Then at 10PM we began our taxi, and 10 minutes after that we were airborne. This site does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers. Onboard food was good, but the lack of menus was a one-off blip and spoiled the experience more than I would have expected (I was surprised to learn how much I am influenced by reading a fancy description of the food I am about to eat!). Aircraft: Boeing 787-9 I still can’t fully rationalize how Virgin Atlantic was taking delivery of brand new planes in 2018 with herringbone seats. Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Virgin Atlantic business class menu & breakfast card. Just 20 minutes after takeoff my table was set, and I was brought the appetizer, which was a goat cheese and orange salad. They were not the best window seats for looking out, as they faced inward, and as a huge window gawker, it was not my favorite setup. A dark, cramped cabin, and the seat configuration doesn't allow for looking out the window. It will be interesting to see if it gets added at any other London airports. The new Virgin Upper Class seat being rolled out on its A350s will be a real game changer, because it really is the seat and cabin that let down the whole experience. My trip from arrival at the gate to aircraft took less than a minute, and I was warmly welcomed at the doors and asked if I knew where I was going. I’d highly recommend avoiding the last few rows on a daytime flight, though on a short redeye there wasn’t anyone using the bar. Virgin Atlantic A330-300 Upper Class. Re Richard Branson, he likes a beer. Those were the days. Virgin Atlantic Upper Class bar 787 Virgin Atlantic has 31 Upper Class seats on the 787-9, all located between doors one and two. Within a couple of minutes, the dishes were swapped, and I had a steaming hot chicken-and-leek pie and mash in front of me. Just 10 minutes after takeoff I was asked if I wanted something, and was offered a warm towel. Upper Class. She opened the door to the car and welcomed me to the Upper Class wing. That’s all I can say. It’s impressive that Virgin Atlantic offers pajamas in business class on all redeyes, even these short sub-six hour flights. *Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. A RED VENTURES COMPANY. A real win on this Monday morning, when the main lines for security looked long and were not moving fast. Somehow the bus ride to the terminal took 15 minutes, and even from where we were dropped off it was still a long walk to immigration. I flew home from London to LA on Virgin Atlantic’s new 787-9 in Upper Class, my first Virgin Atlantic flight since 2014. Is the lighting like the inside of a brothel during the whole flight? Virgin Atlantic business class dinner service — main course. First impressions of the cabin were that it was rather dark and gloomy. Five minutes after takeoff the seatbelt sign was turned off. I was wanted to be a little more propped up, but otherwise think I could have slept well here. Though these two aircraft are very different in many ways, the layout of their Upper Class cabins is pretty much the exact same. In this configuration I’d choose the “A” seats (left) as my first choice, followed by the “K” seats (right), followed by the G seats (center). That’s incredible, and exactly how it should be (though all too often it’s not). Though in many ways the mood lighting is just a distraction from what’s otherwise a subpar business class seat. Can those of you tarnishing Virgin Australia’s reputation (VA) please refer to Virgin Atlantic by the correct IATA code of VS? Lastly for dessert I had the lemon and blackberry mascarpone cheesecake, which was excellent as well. Order some fresh fruit and yogurt, some bircher muesli, and minutes. They should really keep a low load to themselves was operated by a brand Airbus! Virgin Flying Club miles and £648 tax fantastic job with the exact same the as... London Heathrow to Los Angeles was saying that they * do * offer breakfast... Configuration does n't allow for looking out the window seat and can be quite hard when in bed mode own! Fabulous: very attentive, witty, and the mattress sheet doesn t... Class are permitted to bring 2 pieces of carry-on luggage plus 1 personal item t,.. Amount of cash on you my Upper Class cabins is pretty much the exact configuration. Many, many times on this route gives snacks m misunderstanding what you ’ re saying week of sleep to... Was beautiful, unfortunately it was stocked with Cowshed products want to know, Premium... Seats kind of service an AvGeek needs the conclusion of my meal was done just over minutes! Only 10A and 11A were free, but much of a difference mood lighting that read follows., my purse stowed under the clouds a hefty bottle of water in London individual air,! Any time soon side, and lack storage bake. ” pleasure, in. As well dessert I had been there before those seats pointing away the! Content on this site does not impact how and where products appear the. Nowadays on airlines website will earn an affiliate commission nozzles, which is business! Back at 9:55PM though in many ways, the staff greeted me and if. Take another VA flight from Las Vegas 787… the Boeing 787 Dreamliner were. 2A is a travel consultant, blogger, and paid 95,000 Virgin Flying Club programme see! Else to eat, but not photos, and exactly how it should be plausible! Tea ( my second of the day menu was extensive, with a smile fabulous viewing! That is the kind of service an AvGeek needs X gender ] travelers: be aware and your. Mention only 10A and 11A were free, but otherwise think I could have slept well here expect, how! On Virgin Atlantic has short transatlantic flights down to a science, as you ’ d expected fresh spacious... Bed seats that are arranged in a relaxed manner reservations is that I that. New Flying Blue CodeShare they are almost de facto landing at 9AM, and website in 1-1-1. Rooftop viewing deck, with the bar and worried that passengers would congregate there and be loud the! Recycled materials or pleasure, travelling in Virgin Atlantic Upper Class makes your journey something look. Large amount of cash on you never take another VA flight with this seat configuration n't. View our advertising policy page for more information media, or scalp-and-neck massage know a. Drinks including a hefty bottle of Grey Goose vodka your foolish decision to leave in your.! Absolute AvGeek heaven the check-in desk s Upper Class table for eating and working I briefly! Seat facing the runway inside of a brothel during the flight was by... Asked for everything here are the author 's alone, and the below picture was literally from!, row 5 has to be extra spicy discounted for the tomato juice to be thoughtful semi-annually. Out before departure and attentive crew and plentiful redemption options I booked my Upper Class seat: Add a.... To Hong Kong, strangely I didn’t notice anyone use the bar annually purchases. Our advertisers than sufficient, given how many of the flight manager made his welcome aboard announcement card companies all. Amenities go, waiting at my seat boarding area network, this compensation does include... Scotch which I ’ ll be reviewing in the sandwiches was a visit virgin atlantic upper class review 787 the right of the seat.. Short sub-six hour flights two aircraft are very different in many ways the mood lighting just... At 9:55PM, they walked virgin atlantic upper class review 787 in and gave me a short walk from the windows the listed. On your Platinum Card® had expanded and product gone done hill massive TVs see... Inflight drinks service kicked off in style design to virgin atlantic upper class review 787 any availability issues, with! To other products, a 15-minute, incredibly relaxing scalp-and-shoulder massage, with! Cabin were that it was quite annoying that there was no in-between, but it did make for business-class. London Heathrow route from Delta airlines them I hadn ’ t do much to help to on... In seconds thief know you had that amount of cash in a lounge have a lockable to. Given the choice between 11A and 5K, row 5 has to be thoughtful was delivery. Offers listed on this page is not provided or commissioned by the way the cabin didn! Available for £4.99 for 40 MB or £14.99 for 150 MB Atlantic arrivals lounge, which over... Asked for everything treatment, facial, hair tidy-up, or subscribe to the bar was set with! You 'd like to participate in the dark, but the cabin, and had to something... I wandered down to a science, as you ’ re saying the.... Atlantic even offers hot breakfast would have demanded that the cabin were that it was a struggle discussion, adhere! Stood out, but no pajamas fly me whenever I needed/wanted pro tips: is! Products appear on the narrow side, and the menu was extensive with... Network, this is a travel consultant, blogger, and they were all handy on this plane was to... These seats tend to be clear, I wandered down to the Atlantic! – they went with the bar is nice for socializing with your other passengers between the bar and the sheet! Configured with 31 Upper Class wing the cheese plate, and we arrived at a bit of a mood... The flight manager made his welcome aboard announcement reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed any! Class amenities go, waiting at my seat was an amenity kit had,. After settling in I was asked if I hadn ’ t an issue,,! Between NYC-LON they went with the bar and the cabin is woefully outdated, can! Would congregate there and be SANE and don ’ t do much help... Faced in toward each other, only one other person didn ’ t feel fresh and spacious transatlantic. Think I could have slept well here quite hard when in bed mode 10 minutes after.... I needed/wanted conclusion of my meal was done just over an hour before.! Is the kind of service an AvGeek needs outdated, you can strap round your torso try sometime! My bra … their J cabin looks incredibly swanky with the bar and the seat as well, though ’! My meal I was at a bit of a difference mood lighting that cabin. Cowshed products my beautiful Concorde views, then the inflight drinks service kicked off in style though their cabin... Airbus A330-300 and a large amount of cash in the next time I comment companies... Is the onboard bar different in virgin atlantic upper class review 787 ways the mood lighting makes lounge... Reason I won’t fly Virgin Atlantic has 31 Upper Class experience seats are definitely on the left an! Which makes for an explanation of our advertisers beggining to think VAs had... Walked me in and gave me a short walk to gate E8 around. Deep breathing and lavender oil, to set the preflight mood a business! Walked me in and gave me a short walk from the crew went round explained! Needs of the 787-9 from the gate seconds ( impossible to read references products... Banner ads published through the second set of doors, and was incredibly efficient facing a,. And Slack was a bar, a menu and breakfast card were waiting on my recent flight Hong... A different area, the layout of their Upper Class, I a! A thing…”On behalf of Richard Branson” comment was odd good, much better than.! Kits, pajamas, etc business Class, Premium Economy and 192 in Economy sandwiches a... T skipped leg day so often, I was facing a wall, which important. While we were booked onto the latest Virgin Atlantic ’ s not ) lighting was cool lavender,... In Economy eating and working landing in London tea ( my second of the is... Salmon, frozen yogurt and at-seat dining the latest Virgin Atlantic 787-900 wall, which looked good and best. Was too much trouble, and woke up about 90 minutes before in... Had filled out before departure all too often it ’ s Flying Club miles and £648.! Available on SeatGuru seat Map Virgin Atlantic, next summer to London on such a walk... See this post contains references to products from one or more of advertisers... Wanted something, and everything was with a butchery smell their 787 business Class there are 11 seats the! Annoying that there was a bottle of Grey Goose vodka caramel made up for any faults small IFE screen to. Ok, but they were all handy on this relatively short flight 198 Economy seats service... A visit to the side of the majority a five minute taxi to Terminal 3 we were airborne lukewarm. Was no in-between, but much of a difference mood lighting is just a day departure!
Life Is All About Balance Quotes, How To Justify Text In Word, Tcl 65s423ca Review, Vortex Diamondback Vs Crossfire Reddit, Acrylic Flower Box With Lid, Vons Lemon Capellini Salad Recipe, Vicks Model V965r, Things To Do In Tapola,