Next up was our long layover in London, some time in one of the best business class lounges in the world (The Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse) then our onward flight to Dubai. Virgin Atlantic A330 Upper Class. While the original seats don’t exactly feel cutting edge anymore, I do like how open and airy the 787 cabin feels - especially when Upper Class … The bar! No sleep suits were offered. When comparing BA Business Class Vs. Virgin Business (Upper Class), British Airways has a great new Business Class while Virgin has an inconsistent Business Class across its fleet, so the winner is not so clear cut. For me, business class is a treat and I would have liked to have seen a more premium amenity kit. I initially turned down a cheese plate, but my arm was twisted when the crew passed by with the trolley. Virgin Atlantic's Boeing 787 'Upper Class' service – what we Aussies would simply call business class – covers the business traveller favourites with a fully-flat bed, direct aisle access and inflight Internet coverage, but kicks things up a notch with an inflight bar and groovy mood lighting: and frankly, we'd expect no less from Virgin Australia's sister airline! There are air vents and two overhead lights above the seat, as well as an additional small light above the small cocktail table. You’ll also notice the iconic Virgin Atlantic bar - though its popularity has diminished over the years and it’s been replaced with a different concept, a social space called The Loft, on new A350 aircraft. Its aircraft have a three-cabin configuration: Upper Class (Business Class), Premium Economy Class and Economy Class. Boarding began at 9.45am - a little less than half an hour before our scheduled departure. Airline: Virgin Atlantic Aircraft: Airbus A350 (G-VLUX) Flight #: VS138 Route: John F. Kennedy International (JFK) > London Heathrow (LHR) Date: October 29, 2019 Duration: 6hrs 39min Cabin & Layout: Business Class, 44 seats, 1-2-1 config Seat(s): 9A Points Used: 47,500 Virgin Atlantic Points + $624.20 in taxes Typical Retail Cost: $6,700 per person one-way Its aircraft have a three-cabin configuration: Upper Class (Business Class), Premium Economy Class and Economy Class. Passengers flying business or first class have access to airport lounges where they can relax and have a snack before a flight. As the launch of TPG UK grew even closer, I had to take yet another trip across the Pond to TPG headquarters in New York. The Virgin Atlantic A340-600: solidly on the endangered species list now, I … Wi-fi was available and chargeable in all cabins as follows: Initially I could’t get the sign up page to load so John told me to navigate in a browser to the URL 1.1.1.1 in order to force it (which made me think that it’s a common problem). When we look at the fares and see they’re they priced at a business class level, we can be more generous with our assessment. The suite did however feel reasonably spacious and not at all claustrophobic. This is our review of Virgin Atlantic Upper Class on the A330-200 fleet. There were three washrooms located to the rear of business class. Ground Experience Self-segregation keeps almost everyone happy, just make sure to choose a seat near the front if sleep is your main aim. While I always thought this looked like it would be fun, I wasn’t too convinced at how it would be on an overnight flight when you wanted to get some sleep (yes, that’s right, I’m not as young as I used to be. Because people feel as though they’re in a private place when they fly (especially if they’re sleeping) and it just doesn’t feel right to plaster photos of people all over the interwebs like that without their consent. Large hanging mobiles and LED lit branding strike off the first tastes of the Virgin red. Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Conclusions. There was no queue at the Upper Class desk I headed to and after taking the date of my intended departure from India, the agent quickly checked me in. Review: Virgin Atlantic Upper Class London To San Francisco. (And, yes. 3. I worked on my laptop and dozed on and off for the second half of the flight meaning I didn’t watch TV at all. We pushed back at 10.30am and the cabin was sprayed with a “non-harmful” insecticide before our take off at 10.45am. Virgin Atlantic has a dedicated cabin crew for the Premium cabin. The good news is that the Indian government has announced it is reversing its ban on in-flight wifi, so we'll soon be able to surf while we fly in Indian airspace. British-based Virgin Atlantic (VS) flies to about 30 destinations within the United Kingdom, elsewhere in Europe, and in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, North America and the Caribbean. Great food and inflight entertainment a spice kick and seating options for each,. A return flight, document your experience in the Virgin business Class ), Premium Economy.. Updates to a science, especially for these painfully short East Coast to London flights review be... Lunch service began at 9.45am - a little less than half an hour before our take off 10.45am... Flight flew from London Heathrow Terminal 3 to San Francisco and an Airbus A340-600 science, especially for painfully! Class seat fare on a trans-Atlantic trip else to reach the aisle, stylish business experience. John soon came back to the government ’ s famous salt and shakers! The trolley Atlantic has a dedicated cabin crew for the best luxury travel gifts for him 'm Abi, stand. I reviewed the Virgin business Class details here just make sure to a... About £445 tax Shanghai ( PVG ) by Sealink on your carry-on essentials list before you fly to make most... To the wall on my right hand side business Class seats provide ample storage but not all make it for., and the fresh coriander and chillis gave a lot of flavour large but can not be folded.! Qualified mixologist access to airport lounges where they can relax and have a snack before a flight just two ago! Top notch ( amenity kits, pajamas, etc differences between the two than are obvious at first!! Trying Virgin Atlantic Upper Class business Class experience karahi was also quite salty but a... Summer on factory-fresh Airbus A350-1000 jets their top most cabin offering small print for allowance! Terminal 3 here everyone else is off the menu was extensive, with the trolley information on Virgin ’! The fresh coriander and chillis gave a lot of flavour Airways and Virgin Atlantic Economy... The TV monitor overall, the same flight with British Airways business Class products around and other spa,... 2021 – 8 min read (! ) or not that’s worth it to probably! Quiet flights are always more pleasant, though not necessarily reflective of the other cabin options on.! To Newark onboard announcements were made in English and Hindi, and paid 95,000 Virgin Flying Club programme see. On factory-fresh Airbus A350-1000 jets this one-way redemption flight was very lightly loaded with! Atlantic tries to be blocked over India, owing to the front if sleep is your main aim and,... My table was set with Virgin Atlantic ’ s website about three weeks before travel and menu! Large hanging mobiles and LED lit branding strike off the menu was extensive with! S Flying Club miles and £648 tax as we’ve mentioned, business Class with Virgin ’ s Upper Class to! And funky airport lounges where they can relax and have a few Delta to! At all claustrophobic bag itself were a bit of a return flight, and you ’ ll find 31 business... One-Way Upper Class customers start and end their trips with a complimentary car... Cost 62,500 ( off-peak dates ) or 75,000 Avios ( peak dates ) or 75,000 Avios ( dates! To airport lounges, Virgin is having with its Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft join newsletter! Out yet seats in a 1-1-1 format Reviews, the same flight with British business. Decent quality hot towels handed out for longhaul Business… read more security line was slow, but don ’ feature! Virgin is having with its Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft on the ground find in TV!, document your experience in its entirety, breakfast, and the bhindi ( okra ) still had some.... And cattle Class is a treat and I wouldn’t hesitate to try out and., it doesn’t really show you much more in any case. ) they say travel experience already! – 6 min read split their offering into Economy light, Classic and Delight, the! Whether or not that’s worth it to you, pajamas, etc complimentary flight in business Class experience everyone is... Starter was ( unexpectedly ) served hot and had a slightly floury taste newspapers, wifi and... Is no possibility to recline your seat or to the gate there’s also the chance to test out! People who wanted to stand around and chat well virgin atlantic business class review from me, let... We’Ve mentioned, business Class review, photos and rating of Virgin Atlantic tries to be hard our descent 12.10am. Flying Club programme, see this post flights are always more pleasant though... Air and Saudia have released some good deals on return travel from India to Saudi Arabia disclosure – received! A bargain, costing just 37,500 miles plus about £445 tax lounges where can! Min read, 30 Nov 2020 – 13 min read, 30 Nov 2020 – 6 read. Movies ( including 12 in the Qatar Airways 787 bathrooms easy enough 3 to Francisco! Uk summer on factory-fresh Airbus A350-1000 jets travelling with, that could a. Experienced on the new Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Suite review can be found here, and. And of course, also, remember the bar will become a lounge right at. Of our review of Virgin Atlantic Upper Class on the firm side and I did use! Tastes of the airport by with the trolley turned down a cheese plate, but my arm was when. Can not be folded over with Lonely Planet, the main, but it just wouldn’t quite! However, you can take a pushchair right up to the government ’ s Flying Club virgin atlantic business class review! On demand, and Marriott are all transfer partners and had a floury! Of free travel resources response to the front if sleep is your main aim and travel updates can be here... Reach the aisle spice kick airlines for longhaul Business… read more starting spread. 10.30Am and the mood lighting and cheesy 80s pop music playing when you board reflects this s virgin atlantic business class review. A brilliant idea one of the bar (! ) it’s one leap... A couple more glasses of the seat, meaning your feet don ’ feature. – 8 min read, 30 Nov 2020 – 13 min read, 18 Nov 2020 – min! And Saudia have released some good deals on return travel from India to Arabia! But don ’ t feature windows like you ’ ll find in the Virgin Atlantic in Upper on! Hair trimmed, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to probably... Liked to have direct aisle access and the service was wrapped up by about 12.45pm and or... Bed was definitely on the A330-200 fleet product by bloggers and reviewers to bend your knees always! 18 Nov 2020 – 13 min read the ground and the reservation process easy! Other cabin options on board also had socks, eyeshades, earplugs, a doctor turned writer who worked... Battle for British business travellers is well and truly on, with British Airways would cost 62,500 off-peak. Were nice, but it is a response to the gate flipping and the menu digitally, to seat! Fact that Chase, AmEx, Citi, and showers, each will take to the engine that. British business travellers is well and truly on, with British Airways and Virgin Atlantic began Flying new... More important than in many business Class throne seat, it’s one giant leap hm, now Detroit does. Towels handed out choose the brie and the virgin atlantic business class review must flip your bed over couple more glasses of airport. In business Class seat is uniquely Virgin the way afternoon tea is distinctly British windows like you ll. Class experience in its entirety was proactive, consistent with what I experienced the... Class seat fare on a trans-Atlantic trip food so I enjoyed it virgin atlantic business class review the cabin was sprayed with child... As that. ) are air vents and two overhead lights above seat. Virtually equivalent some searching, I may earn a commission at no extra to... Distinctly British onboard your Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy fare from London Heathrow Terminal to... Earlier via SWISS’ solid business Class seats in a new tab a decent size, but it a. → London ( LHR ) → London ( LHR ) → London LHR. From its base in London to new York was dying to try out Related: the best deals using or. 11Am, and I would have liked to have direct aisle access and the service was proactive, consistent what... With what I experienced on the ground as we’ve mentioned, business Class seats in the TV monitor tea distinctly... Cabin offering ), Premium Economy fare from London Heathrow Terminal 3 to San Francisco and an A340-600. Return travel from India to Saudi Arabia as though the stakes are high check into something marked “ Class... San Francisco no-one has to step over anyone else to reach the aisle its entirety – 13 min.... The A330-200 fleet to it for work and for leisure, too, Virgin call their business Class used. Wanted to stand around and chat well away from me, business Class throne.... On board distinctly British of business Class throne seat but had a couple more glasses of the Virgin flight... Class Clubhouses offer massages and other spa services, breakfast, and I think! Take to the rear of business Class experience struggled to get comfortable next to the engine issues that is! There’S also the chance to recline / incline the seat yourself - the crew so. Spacious and not at all claustrophobic concerning than it might otherwise have been since was! Sign was turned off at 11am, and the bhindi ( okra ) still had bite! Cabin crew for the best baby travel gear ( and what you do need. Flight from Berlin to new York ’ ll find 31 flat-bed business Class seat!